SLO MakerSpace’s 5,000+ sq ft facility is divided into several areas that cater to a wide range of maker needs. Scroll down for a detailed view at each of our areas, or come in for a facility tour!
We’re located in the Pacific Coast Center at the Intersection of Madonna Road and South Higuera in San Luis Obispo – 81 Higuera Street, Suites 160 and 180.
All members enjoy 24-7 access. We offer facility tours to the public at 6:30pm on Wednesdays and at 4pm on Sundays. Non-members may take our classes and attend our events.
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WorkSpaceDesigned for crafty projecting, kid-friendly making, events, and networking
- Rulers, Compasses, Protractors, Measuring Tapes
- Squares, Levels, Pencils
- Ratcheting, Box, Allen, and Crescent Wrenches
- Phillips, Bladed, Precision, and Specialty Screwdrivers
- Hack and Wood Saws
- Chisels, Box Cutters, and Punches
- Mallets, Hammers, and Crowbars
- Pliers, Clamps, and Vice-Grips
- 100 Watt Laser Cutter and Engraver
- Dremel Tools with Scroll Saw, Drill Press, and Hand and Table Router Accessories
- Sewing Machines and a Serger
- Vinyl and Stencil Cutter
- Laminator, Label Maker, and Paper Shear
- Hot Glue Guns
The Full ShopTraditional woodworking and metalworking tools for all types of making
- SawStop Professional Safety Table Saw
- 6″ Grizzly Jointer
- 16″ Planar
- Circular, Jig, Band, Chop, Scroll, and Radial Arm Saws
- Two Large Lathes
- Biscuit Joiner
- Table and Hand Routers
- Battery and Corded Drills
- Standing Height Drill Press
- Vibrating, Orbital, Disc, Spindle, and Belt Sanders
Pottery StudioOutfitted with four electric wheels and an assortment of hand-building tools
All members can access our pottery studio featuring four electric wheels. Along with bats, hand tools, and a hand working table, we have all the necessary tools for you to make beautiful pottery. We have a modest sized electric kiln that we fire when needed and an assortment of glazes and clays on hand for purchase. There is also shelving available to store work pieces while they dry.
3D Printing and Scanning LabLearn to capture and create 3D objects
Electronics LabA haven for roboticists, hackers, and plain 'ol fixing broken electronics
- iFixit Pro Tech Toolkits
- Digital Multimeters
- Soldering Irons
- Heat Guns
- Power Supplies
- Function Generators
- Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
Project IdeasLove the MakerSpace but don't know what to make? Browse our list of ideas!
Wish ListThings we would love to have
SLO MakerSpace is built for the community of San Luis Obispo and funded by locals who believe in the idea of this shared resource. Many of our tools have been donated to us or discounted and we are incredibly grateful for this support. If you have tools, supplies, or anything else that you would like to donate, please come into the shop, send us an email at email@example.com. For larger items we will gladly negotiate a trade for membership or other services. Come talk with us!
Below is our current Wish List of things we do not yet have but would like. There are also many items not listed on here but would still be greatly appreciated. Things like screwdrivers, clamps, files, and drill bits we could never have too many of. Thank you for your support!
- Modern 3D printers
- Modern computer workstations for CAD/CAM
- Large computer screens
- Modern Sewing Machines
- TIG/Multi-Process Welder
- Large Metal Lathe
- Metal Brake
- Consumables such as welding rod, 3D printing filament, clay, screws, wood glue, etc
- Drill Bits (especially sets with duplicate small sizes)