3D Printing and ScanningUse our FDM printers to build prototypes, toys, functional objects, and more
About 3D Printing
Use the MakerSpace to capture and create 3D objects! We have several FDM printers that can print in a variety of materials including PLA, ABS, flexible filament, and even conductive material. We also have a few experimental 3D scanning technologies available for you to play with. What will you create? NOTE: In order to use the MakerSpace 3D printers, you must first take the Intro to 3D Printing class listed below.
- Lulzbot Taz 6 3D Printer for use with MakerSpace gray filament only. Time reservation is required prior to use. (Reserve time below for free)
- Two MakerFarm Prusa i3 3D Printers for use with filament of your choice
- M3D Micro 3D Printer for use with filament of your choice
- Monoprice MP Mini Select IIIP 3D Printer for use with filament of your choice
- Homebuilt Large Format FDM 3D Printer (under construction!)
- Filastruder Filament Maker
- Autodesk 123D Catch
- MakerBot Digitizer 3D Scanner
- Xbox Kinect 3D Scanner
Meet the Guru
3D Printer Guru
Kevin Bertolero is our 3D Printing Guru. He knows the ins and outs of our machines, teaches our 3D printing class, and can help you with your projects during his weekly Guru Hours.
Intro to 3D Printing Class
In this 1 hour course, you will become qualified to use our 3D printers and learn about the following:
- The 3D printing software workflow and hardware components
- Downloading and creating .STL files for printing
- Repairing .STL files with NetFabb
- Arranging objects in the print volume
- Slicing objects into g-code
- Printing your parts
- How to troubleshoot bad prints
STUDENTS: Please bring your PAID receipt to class to show the Guru. Attendees without a proof of class purchase will be required to pay onsite and reimbursed when proof of payment is provided.
Please refer to our calendar for schedule and availability of this class.
3D Printer Filament by the ounce
Our 3D Printer Filament is $2.00/ounce. Please use the digital scale in the 3D printer room to weigh your prints + all the wasted material you created (support material, failed prints, etc). Then come here and pay for how much filament you used.
|Type of Purchase|
By Weight, Whole Spool