To enter the competition
- All trees must be minimum 12″ tall and 12″ wide and can be as big as you want as long as they fit through the front door. They can be made of any material, using any machine at the Space.
- All entries must be finished and submitted (dropped off) by 12/5 at 11:pm. And you MUST register yourself or your team by emailing Jessi on or before 11/24 with this info:
- Who is entering (you or a team).
- A brief description of what you’re building your tree out of.
The Fine Print
- Materials: are the responsibility of the competitors. We encourage creativity in all forms including recycle and repurpose so if you’ve had your eye on materials at the space that you don’t think are being used, please ask me and I’ll hunt down the source and see if it’s available.
- Time: I understand everyone is busy so I would like to ask that if you work on this project during your weekly hours, please be sure that you take care of your priorities first during your shift ie: weekly classes are still taught, machines are maintenanced etc. and I HIGHLY encourage you to come in during time you are not scheduled.
- Teams: you are welcome to compete as a team. If your tree wins it will be up to your team to share the prize however you see fit.
- The 3 winning trees may be displayed by the vendor that sponsored their prize until 1/1/15.
- All trees are the property and responsibility of the Maker and can be displayed at SLO MakerSpace until 1/1/15.
Here are some examples to get your creative juices flowing!
- The Memory Tree
- DIY Paper Christmas Trees
- Alternative Christmas Tree chairs
- Alternative Christmas Tree wood planks
- LED Christmas Tree
- Fabric Christmas Tree
- Collapsible Wire Christmas Tree
- Bottle Tree
- Welded Christmas tree
- and if that wasn’t enough, try this on for size!